Two pairs down, one to go..

As the weather started to get colder, I decided that the thin, unlined, summer curtains we had up just weren’t going to be enough to keep us that little bit warmer as the nights start drawing in.

It was time to tackle curtain making again!

I have made curtains in the past, but never a lined pair, and I had the added headache of having decided that thermal/blackout lining would be best to use – I had a couple of problems with this when I made the blinds – when you stitch through blackout fabric, you can see pinpricks of light coming through, not great when you’re a bit of a perfectionist!

I had a look at a few tutorials online, but these only served to confuse me more, so in the end I just went with the way I found easiest, probably not the professional way but I’m really pleased with how they turned out!

The grey pair in the lounge were made from scratch, using up a large amount of fabric I’d been given a while ago, and the flowery bedroom pair were originally a pair of handmade curtains I’d found in a charity shop, which I completely unpicked and re-did, including having to add a wide stripe of fabric at the bottom, to give them the length I wanted.

In making these, I learned how to blind hem on my machine, not something I’ve done before, so new curtains, and skills – bonus 😀

Just one pair to go now, for the small bedroom, then we’re all set.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *